2. How does Natalie know the exact amount of time that their father has been away?
3. What does 'haze' mean? On what page can it be found? What is it a metaphor for in this story?
4. How old is Moose? How old do they say Natalie is? Why?
5. Can you smell weakness? Explain in terms of how a predator might “smell” its prey.
6. How does Moose feel about Natalie?
7. Do you think there is anything "wrong" with Natalie? How can you tell? How does Moose describe that people can tell just from first impression?
8. Do you have any predictions about what they might find on the island?