1. What seemed normal about the next morning? What did Natalie do that was "normal"?
2. What is a 'gangplank'? On what page can it be found? Why does Moose think Piper booby-trapped it?
3. Why does Moose think Piper is lying to him about the rules?
4. What does 'scrawny' mean? On what page can it be found? Who is scrawny?
5. What is the sign that Natalie has? Why does Moose oppose to helping Piper?
6. Why do you think Piper talks to Moose about the shiv at school? Why are the other students interested?
7. Why does Moose start to enjoy talking about the convicts on Alcatraz Island?
8. Why are students walking home without their shirts in the cold, foggy afternoon? Why does Moose think Piper is going to get caught?